About Dr. James Nourse
Dr. Jim, as his clients call him, has been in private practice since 1980. From 1975 to 1980 he served as Staff Psychologist and director of Clinical Psychology Training at the Hampton, Virginia V.A. Medical Center and as Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Eastern Virginia Medical School. The components of his training which have most influenced his work are:
• Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Tennessee
• Ten years of personal psychoanalysis (Jungian)
• Graduate of Jung Tao School of Classical Chinese Medicine and Diplomate in Acupuncture, National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
• Meditation practice learned from various teachers, lay and monastic
• Certified Practitioner of Holotropic Breathwork™ as taught by Christina and Stanislav Grof, M.D., Ph.D.
• Studies with Michael Harner, Ph.D. and faculty of The Foundation for Shamanic Studies; Beautiful Painted Arrow, Southern Ute/Picuris Pueblo elder and healer; Stanley Kopa Kaluahine, Hawaiian elder and healer; ‘Ihaleakalā Hew Len, Ph.D., Hawaiian psychologist and teacher of Self I-dentity Through Ho‘oponopono®